For it is by God's grace that you have been saved through faith.
It is not the result of your own efforts, but God's gift, so that no one can boast about it.
Ephesians 2:8 (GNT)
We are a Lutheran congregation situated in Wagga Wagga, NSW, with an additional congregation in the rural community of Milbrulong.
We are a part of the Lutheran Church of Australia, a synodical church with congregations in every part of Australia and New Zealand and with links to the world-wide Lutheran church of over 70 million adherents.
Lutherans are Christian people who believe in the promise that God has saved us from sin by his grace alone, not by our own works.
Lutheran School Wagga Wagga
Lutheran School Wagga Wagga is a ministry and mission activity of the Bethlehem Lutheran Church and has as its foremost aim to provide a Christian education for the children of Wagga Wagga.
It is a co-educational primary school, with a current enrolment of about 365 students from Kindergarten to Year 6.
The Bethlehem Lutheran Church established the Wagga Wagga Lutheran Primary School in 1982. Since that time, the school has grown to become a highly respected educational provider in the Wagga Wagga area and continues to build on its capacity to offer the highest standard of education in a Christ-centred environment.
Lutheran School Wagga Wagga is part of the Australia-wide Lutheran school system, which encompasses over 30 pre-schools, 56 primary schools, 12 secondary schools and 6 K-12 schools, educating over 30,000 students.
Historical Timeline of the Wagga and Milbrulong Churches
The Lutheran Church began with the 16th Century reformation movement of Martin Luther,
a German monk who dedicated his life to the renewal of the Christian church.
1891 A Lutheran congregation (Bethlehem) is formed at Milbrulong.
1896 5 acres of crown land on Ludwig’s Hill is bought at auction and a church is built in the ensuing years.
1913 A manse and schoolroom is built.
1925 A Lutheran congregation is formed in Wagga Wagga (St Paul’s).
1945 A Lutheran congregation is formed in Wagga Wagga (Our Redeemer).
1952 The Damschke Memorial Hall in Athol Street is completed and dedicated (St Paul’s).
1952 The Our Redeemer Church Hall on the corner of Peter and Forsyth Streets is completed and dedicated.
1969 The Bethlehem congregation is formed in Wagga on May 4, following the dissolving of the Our Redeemer (ELCA) and St Paul’s (UELCA) congregations.
1973 The Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Athol Street is dedicated on Palm Sunday.
1982 The Wagga Wagga Lutheran Primary School is opened with 52 students and two teachers.
1990 The present manse is completed and dedicated on Palm Sunday.